Designed for the user with moderate to severe positioning and pressure requirements
(50 mm Trough Height)
The Spex High Contour Cushion offers enhanced thigh and abductor support. It is the key solution to positioning and levelling the pevis correctly and effectively. Accomplish on-the-spot modifications with the cushion’s strategic positioning base.
This cushion is an excellent choice for those who:
- Need high control of abduction or adduction propensities
- Have changing postural needs
- Have a symmetrical or asymmetrical sitting posture that requires correction or control
- Require pelvic comfort and pressure relief/distribution
- Require a high degree of pelvic stabililty and specific contouring
- Positioning base accommodates tight hamstrings/lack of hip flexion
- The solution for asymmetrical postures
- Strategic contouring pads offer complete customisations on-the-spot for a perfect fit
- Gel-foam ischial evenly distributes pressure under the pelvis and in combination with the dual-layer cover, reduces shear forces in sensitive areas
- Coccyx channel for enhanced pressure relief (for sizes 16″ + )
- Dual-layer cover reduces shear foces and breathable air-mesh on sides of cushions counters moisture
- Inner incontinence cover included
- Customizable for many requirements such as leg length discrepancies
Spare Cushion Cover
A spare cushion cover assists with laundering purposes so you have a back-up cover on hand to ensure your cushion looks fabulous and clean at all times!
Spare outer breathable covers as well as inner incontinence covers are available to purchase.
Brighten up your cushion with a coloured cover; choose from Chilli Red, Mango Orange, Bumblebee Yellow, Leaf Green, Ocean Blue, Royal Purple, Calypso Pink, Granite Grey, or the standard Black!
Spex Cushion Rigidiser
Lightweight rigidiser can be added to any of the Spex range of cushions to provide a sturdy base, particularly for wheelchairs with a sling seat base.This design simply inserts underneath the cushion within the upholstery cover.
Spex 5° Cushion Wedge
Spex asymmetric 5° cushion wedge: 48mm High x 550mm Wide x 500mm Deep
Extra Spex Cushion Positioning Kit
Additional set of Spex Cushion Positioning Pads.
Spex Phone Accessory Bag
Store mobile devices or personal belongings conveniently and safely with the Spex Accessory Bag! Attached by Velcro to the base of the Spex Cushion, this is a great option for wheelchair users who want to access their belongings very quickly and easy on their wheelchair.
|Width||Cushion Height||Weight Capacity||Trough Height||Product Weight|
|Cushion Depth||Number of Thigh Contouring Rows||Number of Thigh Contouring Pads||Number of Pelvic Contouring Pads|
- Blue squares are standard sizes which are available on the Enable NZ MOH list, available for straight purchase
- Red squares are standard sizes available for trial
- Non-standard or custom sizes are available for purchase