Designed for the user who has moderate to severe positioning requirements
The SuperHigh contour cushion creates an optimum pelvic foundation for the user who requires extra pelvic and hip immersion. We do this using the proven Spex strategic positioning base technology. It’s properties provide hip and leg envelopment as well as an ideal pressure redistribution all over the seat cushion.
The SuperHigh contour cushion is an excellent choice for individuals who:
- Require extra pelvic and hip immersion
- Have muscle tone patterns that require sufficient thigh lateral control. Thigh support is higher for alignment – refer specifications table
- If extremity support can’t be maintained through the use of external thigh laterals and/or if installing thigh laterals can’t be used, the SuperHigh contour cushion will provide that needed support and stabilisation
- Have a symmetrical or asymmetrical sitting posture that requires correction or control/accommodation
- Require pelvic comfort and pressure relief/distribution
- Require a high degree of pelvic stability and specific contouring
- Positioning base accommodates tight hamstrings/lack of hip flexion
- No maintenance required
- Strategic contouring pads offer complete customisations on-the-spot for a perfect fit for the client
- Removable lateral rigidizers which add extra thigh support/alignment
- Gel-foam ischial evenly distributes pressure under the pelvis and in combination with the dual-layer cover, reduces shear forces in sensitive areas
- Coccyx channel for enhanced pressure relief (for sizes 16″+)
- Dual layer cover reduces shear forces, and breathable air-mesh on sides of cushions counters moisture
- Inner incontinence cover included
- Customizable to the individual’s specific requirements such as leg length discrepancies
- Not compatible with thigh supports or medial thigh supports
Spare Cushion Cover
A spare cushion cover assists with laundering purposes so you have a back-up cover on hand to ensure your cushion looks fabulous and clean at all times!
Spare outer breathable covers as well as inner incontinence covers are available to purchase.
Brighten up your cushion with a coloured cover; choose from Chilli Red, Mango Orange, Bumblebee Yellow, Leaf Green, Ocean Blue, Royal Purple, Calypso Pink, Granite Grey, or the standard Black!
Spex Cushion Rigidiser
Lightweight rigidiser can be added to any of the Spex range of cushions to provide a sturdy base, particularly for wheelchairs with a sling seat base.This design simply inserts underneath the cushion within the upholstery cover.
Spex 5° Cushion Wedge
Spex asymmetric 5° cushion wedge: 48mm High x 550mm Wide x 500mm Deep
Extra Spex Cushion Positioning Kit
Additional set of Spex Cushion Positioning Pads.
Spex Phone Accessory Bag
Store mobile devices or personal belongings conveniently and safely with the Spex Accessory Bag! Attached by Velcro to the base of the Spex Cushion, this is a great option for wheelchair users who want to access their belongings very quickly and easy on their wheelchair.
|Product Weight (16×16)
|Number of Thigh Contouring Rows
|Number of Thigh Contouring Pads
|Number of Pelvic Contouring Pads
This is used to compare the Spex products only.
Spex SuperHigh (full length contouring)
- Blue squares are standard sizes which are available on the Enable NZ MOH list, available for straight purchase
- Red squares are standard sizes available for trial
- Non-standard or custom sizes are available for purchase