Spex Fixed-Angle Arm Supports provide functional forearm and upper extremity support, and whilst the angle remains fixed, the height of the arm support can be adjusted to ensure the user has the precise support they require.
Like all Spex systems, the Fixed-Angle Arm Support has a modular approach, creating flexibility and takes into consideration the individual and unique needs of different clients. Available in either Quick-Release or Swing-Down, the Spex arm support system ensures that the user has easy access in and out of the chair for transfers.
Spex is designed to mount on almost any chair and seating system, and the arm support systems are no different! The Fixed-Angle Arm Supports are available with either a Seat Base Mount to mount directly to the seat base of the wheelchair, or with a Rail Mount to attach directly to the chair’s seat rail.
Couple your arm support with a Spex Lateral Thigh Support! We offer Arm and Thigh Support Combos where the arm and thigh support share the same mounting mechanism for a sleek and tidy “all-in-one” solution. These are available in all the same mechanism options (Quick-Release or Swing-Down) and mounting hardware (Seat Base or Seat Rail mounts).
- By having arm supports in the correct position, bearing normal weight on the arm pads will provide better trunk alignment and support which improves posture
- Assist pelvic and trunk stability to reduce or redirect forces that lead to pressure sores
- Correct shoulder gridle stabilising
- In combination with tray table they assist to improve upper body stability essential to accomplishing tasks
- Spex hardware enables precise positioning of the arm support pads to ensure the user gains the correct positioning for function
- A variety of different hardware options allow specific functions tailored for the user
- Powered chair drive controllers can be easily installed
- Gain accurate width setting and infinite height setting for improved arm placement
These measurements are taken from the top of the seat base to the top of the support pad, including the 40mm thick support pad.
Angle-Adjust Arm Support: Seat Pan Codes (Horizontal mounting to the wheelchair seat pan)
Angle-Adjust Arm Support: Seat Rail Hardware Options (Vertical mounting to the wheelchair seat rail)
Comfi Arm Support Pad Codes
Arm Support Pads Only (please select Hardware also)