The 2 Point Dual Centre Pull Padded Hip Belt from Spex with two points of attachment to the wheelchair offers superior anterior support for the user’s pelvis suitable for mild to moderate positioning requirements.
The Dual Centre Pull tensioning function of the hip belt is easy to operate for both the user or caregiver and tensions on both sides by pulling on the straps either side of the buckle. This suits clients requiring greater adjustment range and to accommodate varying layers of clothing etc.
Manufactured with top precision quality, this hip belt has comfortable cushioned pads with unique soft edge binding.
- Specially designed, durable webbing is ‘ridge’ woven for maximum grip once adjusted
- Soft comfortable pads offer excellent resilience, water resistance, and conform to the body without creasing.
- Smooth, soft binding is comfortable against sensitive skin
- Tough stainless steel adjusters which don’t slip out of place
- Attachment hardware allows for a multitude of positioning options
The hip belt is the primary anterior support in seating, as it helps to maintain the stability of the pelvis.
Proper placement and use of anterior pelvic supports in a wheelchair or supportive stroller may prevent sliding into maladaptive, unsafe or non-functional postures.
- For maximum effect, position the attachment points of the hip belt as close to the user as possible
- Positioning the main (wide) straps below the ASIS reduces the possibility of the pelvis slipping under the belt
- The selection and set-up of the cushion and backrest influences the position and stability of the pelvis
*Anterior Superior Iliac Spine
- Attachment Points: Two points of attachment to the wheelchair. Suitable for mild to moderate positioning requirements.
- Operator: User or Carer
- Adjustment: Tensions at the centre of the buckle.
- Applications: Clients with low muscle tone or weakness.
SPEX HIP BELT & HARNESS SIZE SELECTION GUIDE
DEPENDS ON PHYSIQUE OF USER
|USER’S W/C WIDTH||8-12″||11-15″||14-17″||17-20″|
The last three digits of the code refer to the buckle type. See table on next tab for buckle options.
|SPEX HIP BELT & HARNESS BUCKLE OPTIONS|
|Side Release Buckle||Simple and easy to click together and undo. Suitable for career operation. Squeeze the two clips together to release.||-027|
|Centre Release Buckle||Robust design that is strong enought to keep the user positioned safely. Suitable for user operation. Press the release button to release the buckle.||-028|
|Anti-Escape Buckle||Steel Anti-Escape buckle can be installed to prevent those with challenging behaviour from escaping. Very successful in preventing individuals with inquistive fingers or learning difficulties from releasing the buckle. Operates in reverse to a normal buckle, and disengages by rasing a spring-loaded lever (won’t press release).||-026|
|Pen Popper Buckle||The Pen Popper buckle prevents unintentional releasing of the buckle. Extremely successful in preventing individuals with inquisitive fingers or learning difficulties from releasing the buckle. Requires a tool such as a pointed pen or key to fit through a small hole and reach the buckle release mechanism to open.||-025|
|Easy Release Latch Buckle||The Easy Release Latch buckle is a similar buckle to those found on aeroplane seats and allows for an easier one-hand release action. This is an ideal solution for users that self-transfer in and out of their wheelchair but have limited hand function to open buckles. Simply lift the metal buckle flap and slide the buckle apart.||-023|
Note: These harnesses are a positioning device only. Do not use as a safety restraint in vehicles.